Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Una Dia Buena



Today was just a beautiful day. It has been raining for 30 minutes everyday, but today was absoultely beautiful. It was so clear that you could see the bottom of the ocean.

Lessons went well today. I need to practice everyday. Maybe I will just move here, that way I will be forced to practice. Francisco is a great instructor and I am learning a lot. I only have one more day of official class. So far, this has been a great experience. Yamila prepared another great lunch. Considering that at home I don't cook, I am loving the fact that I have home cooked meals. My allergies were bothering me a little today so after class I had to take a nap, which I hated because it was so beautiful today. For some reason I was still on a Benadryl high. The medicine was having a hard time leaving my system I guess. Francisco and Yamila gave me a ride in town. ( Oh by the way, yesterday I paid 70 pesos for a taxi and today Franciso said that it should have been 50 pesos., I will be looking for that driver tomorrow, he owes me 20 pesos(LOL). I had a great dinner and good conversation with the waiter. They are so patient with me and my Spanish. This time next year I will be fluent and know all of the slangs. I explored the strip and the stores. I dont know why but I was fascinated with Woolworths today. Maybe because they are no longer in Atlanta.
Decided to try the bus again. All I can say is too hot and too many people. It was the last bus of the evening and packed.

1 comment:

Noel said...

Hola Mia,

I will be waiting on a great Mexican meal when you get back so pay attention!

tasha