Tuesday, July 22, 2008

El día anterior en Puerto Vallarta.



Today is my last day in Puerto Vallarta and I made the best of it. I decided to give the bus one last chance. Afterall, from the hotel it is only 5.5 pesos. By the way, the current exchange rate is $1 usd = 10 pesos give or take a few pennies. So, the bus is cheap transportation. My main complaint about the bus is no air conditioning, so basically it is like a moving sauna. Ok, I made it to Wal-Mart and all I can say is oh my goodness, it was HUGE. It was a mix of our Wal-Mart, Whole-Foods and Sears. They sell refrigerators!!! They sell Liquor, not just wine and beer like the ones in the US. You can get a flat screen and a bottle of tequila. There was also a full service resturant owned by Wal-Mart. OUTRAGEOUS and there is a SAM's Warehouse next door. After my hour jaunt in Super Wal-Mart, I walked over to the mall. There is another OUTRAGEOUS department store called Liverpool. http://www.liverpool.com.mx/. Ok, they are a one stop shop too. They sell clothes, books, furniture, electronics, bikes, ATV's. liquor, etc etc etc. Went to see Hancock in Spanish which was fun. I sure some things were lost in translation. Oh another bus story. Yes it is cheap, but there is a reason. I had to wait 35 minutes to get a bus back to the hotel . This is why I have not gained any weight after all of the margaritas and ice cream. You sweat off ALL of the calories.

No comments: