Monday, July 14, 2008

Anoche.


Last night went out. Those of you that know me, know that on a Sunday night I would be in bed at 9pm(LOL). I went to see Yamila and the Trio perform. They are really good and I am not just saying that because I am staying at her home. She did not have a microphone and was very loud and clear. Must be the Latin blood(LOL). Yamila is from Cuba. Before the performance, Yamila and I went to one of her friends restaurants so she could introduce me and force me to speak Spanish. I struggled a little because they were speaking so fast; which is funny because I speak English SO FAST. Yamila went on to her performance and I stayed and attempted conversations with my new friends over a salad and margaritas. One of the chefs(Andreas) came and sat with me and was extremely patient as I was murdering his language. Actually it was not that bad. He would not let me pay for dinner. I tried, but he refused to even accept a tip. Later I walked around the corner and down the street to see Yamila perform. (Down the street in Mexico is 4 New York blocks!!! )

After Yamila's performance we went to an outside amphitheater, where comedians, mimes and various other street performers entertain the crowd for free. There is a lot of food vendors, selling water with pumpkin, papas fritas with hot sauce, grilled corn, cotton candy etc. Anyway it was all amusing and fun until SOMEHOW, I got selected out the crowd to be part of the entertainment. Acutally it was very funny. The mime selected people out of the audience to perform different things. All I can say is very interesting and you all missed my Mexican Theatrical Debut. Possibly, I missed my calling. It was a good evening and I did not get home until after 1am. I was exhausted, but glad I went out on my first night in Puerta Vallarta.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am living through you for the next two weeks, looks like you are already having a blast. Stay safe.

Katrina

languageatlanta said...

Nikia, can you imagine:
Classes during the day and fun after them.

I wish I were in your skin right now.

Well, it looks like home, back in Brazil.

Cheers.

Lincoln

Anonymous said...

You look like you are having a blast. Continue to enjoy each and everyday. Stay blessed and have fun!!! Bring me back a Papi Chulo!!!

Noel said...

Hey Cuz,

I wish I were there to see the performance now you can go to Apache with me for the open mic! Love the pics don't the motto "Too many margaritas are never enough!

love ya

tasha