Wednesday, July 16, 2008

El Martes



I was having such a good time, I forgot to write in my blog. Class is going well. I am really enjoying the private lessons.


Francisco and Yamila are the perfect host. I have experienced some great Mexican and Cuban meals since I have been here. They are really into natural and organic products, so I only have fresh squeezed juices. I am loving that. Yesterday it was orange juice and cantelope juice. I know it sounds weird but I really loved the cantelope juice.
After class, I did absoutely nothing but lay by the pool with my Ipod and read People magazine. Even in Mexico I need to stay abreast of the gossip.
After Monday's bus experience, I decided to take a taxi into town for dinner. It was 70 pesos vs. 6 pesos for the bus. Even though it was more, I will be taking taxis while at the beach house.
I had a good dinner, shrimp and Margaritas. Excellent conversations with men on the street. I guess I sort of stand out in Mexico(LOL) and everyone wants to test my spanish.
While walking and exploring, I ran into Francisco who was waiting on Yamila to finish singing. What a great husband. Once Yamila was finished we walked the boardwalk to get corn. In Mexico, they grill or boil the corn and put Mayo, cheese and chili powder on it. I had one sans mayo, cheese and chili powder but with butter, so good and fresh. Well, Francisco and Yamila bought a two corns for 30 pesos (15 a piece). Afterwards I asked them why they paid so much because the day before I bought corn for 10 pesos in the same area. They were shocked, so I guess this time the tourist did not get ripped off.

2 comments:

languageatlanta said...

Cool. It sounds like your Tuesday was awesome.
How about the beach!?
Did you have the chance to go for a swim??

Have fun and lots of practicing with your Spanish.

Lincoln de Oliveira

Noel said...

Fresh Corn right up your alley! We'll have to try that when you come back makes my mouth water!


later
tasha