Monday, July 14, 2008

Sobre la calle sola y el autobús.



Finally made it to town, after stopping for ice cream. I had lots of conversation today. The men are very friendly and was amused by my accent. I just walked and walked and walked and explored the city. Believe it or not I did not have a maragarita today(lol) Even though they are 2 for 1 on every corner. I met some really nice people today.


My intention was to walk back to the house, but as I started my trek back, it started raining. So, I got on the bus. I asked the driver to let me know when we got to Cuartos Villas since the stop button was broken. The driver agrees and I start chatting with the lady next to me. (One note about this bus route, there are no designated bus stops per se. The driver stops and pick-up wherever he sees people waving and he can pull over. In fact the driver never really stops completely when letting people off, it is more like a rolling stop.) Well, I miss the stop. Lucky me, what should have a 10 minute ride now turns into a 75 minute ride because I dont want to get off and pay 6 pesos again or get stranded in hopes of another bus stopping.


Unfortunately while on the bus I witnessed my first fatal Mexican accident. The roads have lots of sharp curves and hills and the car flipped over.

2 comments:

languageatlanta said...

Nikia, I see a donkey there.
You know, I think if I were there I would go for a ride.

Isn't that crazy??
LOL

Lincoln

Indice said...

Holaaaa!!

Por las fotos sé que estas disfrutando mucho.

Me alegra que salgas sola pues eso te obliga a practicar tu español. Yo estoy segura de que te puedes comunicar muy bien.