Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Passport Fiasco

Last night I woke up in a frenzy. For some reason I thought I was at the airport unable to go to Mexico because I did not have my passport. I begin to look for my passport at MIDNIGHT. Everyone who knows me knows that I am So A-TYPE, so the fact that I could not locate my passport in my home office was a major event. Everything in my house has a place!!!! After about 30 minutes of looking for this 4 inch passport in an a 10 by 10 spotless room, I call my cousin Tasha in complete frustration and tears. She calmly asks me OVER and OVER again when was the last time I saw my passport and I keep frantically repeating OVER and OVER again that I must have thrown it away because it is NOT in my house. We all know that I am the shredder and no tolerance of clutter queen , so I am convinced Dream Sanitation has my passport. I completely rip apart my office, looking in the same file cabinet and closet for over an hour. At this point, my supportive cousin is online researching how to get a new passport expedited by Friday, (which I might add would have cost over $500). Out of complete frustration, I hung up with Tash and resolve that I am NOT going on this MUCH NEEDED trip. I decide to look for the 80th time in the same file cabinet and look through the same check boxes I had looked in and low and behold the PASSPORT is there.

Moral of the story: Don't look for ANYTHING when you are tired!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Via Va Mexico! I'm sooo excited you are going and jealous but can't wait to see the pics and entries! I knew that passport was there but hey when you're tired it's all a blur!

love ya cuz
tasha

p.s. bring back bozzzz

languageatlanta said...

Hey Nikkia, this is scary!!
Wow, I can't believe you had that right before you had to travel to Puerto Vallart.

That would scare the s* out of me.
lol.

Lincoln